RIESLING FILAGN LONG IGT 2018
Typologystill white wine
Grape varieties100% Italic Riesling
VinificationThe grapes which are used to produce this wine derive from a 70 year old vineyard. An optimal exposure, the composition of the soil, the growing method together with the dedicated agronomic care ensure a top quality wine, and during the best vintages an exceptional Italic Riesling with unique characteristics. After a careful selection, of hand picked grapes, the grapes are softly pressed, the free run must obtained is left to ferment at a controlled temperature in stainless steel tanks, where the wine matures until it is ready to be bottled
Organoleptic characterpale, straw yellow, with greenish hues. An intense aroma, fresh floral and fruit nuances, mingled with exotic fruit and apples. To the mouth fresh, fragrant with a good persistence.
Food pairingFaithful friend with hors d'oeuvres and starters, fish and vegetable based dishes. Excellent with white meats and goat cheeses.
Serving temperature10°C. Uncork just before serving.
RIESLING IL MARINONI 2018
Typologybarrique aged, white wine
Grape varieties100% Riesling Renano
VinificationThis wine derives from Riesling “Renano” grapes from the Marinoni vines. It is only produced during exceptional vintages, with a particular attention regarding the selection of the grapes which are hand harvested. After a soft pressing, about 95% of the must obtained is put to ferment in new French oak barriques for 8 months. The remaining 5% is fermented in stainless steel tanks.
Organoleptic characterstraw yellow with light greenish hues. A fruity, fresh and intense bouquet. To the mouth, smooth, aromatic, fruity and of a good structure.
Food pairingWell accompanies fish based dishes especially shellfish and seafood, well suited with mature cheeses.
Serving temperature12°C. Uncork just before serving.
BONARDA LA FIDELA DOC 2017
Typologystill red wine
Grape varieties100% Croatina
Vinificationthe grapes come from their ‘La Fidela’ vine, which is situated in a particularly suitable area for the production of Bonarda. The optimal position, the terroir and the dedicated care, a deliberately low yield, resulting in an exceptional quality. The grapes are harvested by hand when they are slightly overripe after which, they are carefully selected. Once they arrive in the winery, the de-stemming and pressing takes place. The must, with its skins undergoes an alcoholic fermentation which usually takes about one week, during which, several pumping overs are carried out. At the end of the alcoholic fermentation the wine is drawn off. The wine after several rackings is left to mature in stainless steel tanks until the malo-latic fermentation is completed, it is then bottled. This wine is only produced during the better vintages and the quantity is limited. It is well suited for ageing.
Organoleptic characterfull ruby red with purplish hues. Intense, penetrating reminiscences of red fruit, jams and violets. To the mouth it is engaging, full bodied, with a good persistence and a pleasant sugar residue.
Food pairingWell matched with typical red meats such as braised or roasted and mature cheeses.
Serving temperature20/22°C. Uncork at least an hour before serving.
BARBERA VIGNA VARMASI DOC 2016
Typologystill red wine
Grape varieties98% Barbera 2% Croatina and Uva Rara (rare grapes)
Vinificationthis wine is only produced during the vintages which are worthy of this ‘Vigna Varmasi’, an extremely esteemed vine and one of the oldest vines of our company, its origins date back to around 100 years ago. The yield per hectare is very low; which allows to have a smaller quantity of bunches but of a better quality. The grapes are harvested by hand when they are slightly overripe, this permits a careful selection. After the de-stemming and pressing, the must together with the skins undergoes an alcoholic fermentation which lasts for about one week, during which several pumping overs are carried out. At the end of the alcoholic fermentation the wine is drawn off and undergoes several rackings. It is then left to mature in stainless steel tanks; after the malo-lattic fermentation is completed the wine is bottled. This wine is produced only during the better vintages. It is highly suitable for ageing.
Organoleptic characterfull ruby red, intense bouquet, persistent, vinous, with marked nuances of jam and woodland fruit. To the mouth it is well structured, pleasantly smooth and persistent.
Food pairingit is well accompanied with meat based starters such as ravioli or stuffed pasta, excellent with main course dishes of red meats and game.
Serving temperature18/20°C. Uncork at least an hour before serving.
BUTTAFUOCO FAJRO DOC